Ticket #8881 (closed defect: fixed)
Discrepencies in title of one module between test and live servers
|Reported by:||cbearden||Owned by:||jccooper|
|Cc:||kef, ew2, reedstrm, jenn||System Area:||Content Display|
|Suppress email to reporter:||no|
I ran my test of 500 randomly selected modules comparing wakizashi 8080 with live, and aside from the expected differences, I found that the title of a module changed between the two
On wakizashi, version 1.27 of m19863 has the title "An Overview of a Unified Theory of a Law", as it does on my dev instance. However, on live, version 1.27 of the same module has the title "There is a Hole in your Legal Education". In both cases, the "Overview" title is what is found in the CNXML. /module/title in module_export_template, however, differs (waki has "Overview", live has "Hole"). The title attribute for 1.27 of this module gives the same answer on both machines, but the Title() method gives a different answer:
Live (claymore/cnx2) >>> m19863 = app.plone.content.m19863['1.27'] >>> m19863.title 'An Overview of a Unified Theory of a Law' >>> m19863.Title() 'There is a Hole in your Legal Education' >>> Test (wakizashi/cnx) >>> m19863 = app.plone.content.m19863['1.27'] >>> m19863.title 'An Overview of a Unified Theory of a Law' >>> m19863.Title() 'An Overview of a Unified Theory of a Law' >>>
My dev instance mimics waki.
Note that 1.27 is not 'latest' on live, but it is on the test and dev instances. Note also that the code in content_render.xsl that sets the title (both for the browser title bar and for the h1 element) is unchanged in this branch.
The difference is evident whether the module is viewed in our out of collection context.
Both Jenn and I independently came to suspect some difference in how 'latest' and non-latest modules are treated. It looks to me like something Cameron should take a look at.