Connexions and Rhaptos Designs and Specifications
Connexions and the Connexions Consortium have been working on new models to fund and carry out Connexions and Rhaptos development. We created a "specification template" that includes the components of a fully spec'd plan for developing, testing, and releasing new code. When the code is intended for release on cnx.org, the spec includes a section for Connexions to estimate costs to do final quality assurance and release management for the project. Consortium members, or other Connexions and Rhaptos interested parties can fund the creation of the specifications, and then larger coalitions can be enlisted to fund the development.
This page has links to specifications for development work that has been designed and fully specified, but not yet funded, as well as links to funded work, and links to specifications that are in development.
Table of Contents
Full Specifications Available
- Author Profile Enhancement
- Encourage authors to enhance their profile by giving them a rich set of features to promote their content inside and outside cnx.org (author featured content and links, widget for including your content on your website/blog). Make it easier for readers to learn about authors with a popup author information card on their name on the content.
- Trac milestone
- Enhanced content metrics: Closely related to Author Profiles, and also designed, but not yet implemented, in ticket:11593 and ticket:11598
- Internationalization and Localization
- Specification to internationalize Connexions website and content delivery (online, PDF, EPUB) so that global readers get a localized version of the site and content in the site.
- Specification development partners, Upfront Systems and Translate.org.za
- Internationalization and Localization milestone
- Specification Overview
- Specification Detail
Specifications Funded for Implementation
- Lightweight Federation among Vietnamese Rhaptos instances
- Allow collections to include modules from other CNXML repositories.
- Specification and Implementation by VOER (specification)
- Mobile site for Connexions in South Africa
Specifications in process
- Module web-based editor based on HTML editor
- Provides a web editor that looks like standard HTML web editors, but creates CNXML.
- Funding for specification development provided by the Shuttleworth Foundation, specification written by Upfront Systems and Connexions, Connexions time funded by COT.
- Specification (needs estimate for accessibility and Enterprise Rhaptos packaging)
- Duracloud Services for Connexions and Rhaptos
- Specification to connect Connexions and Rhaptos instances with Duracloud services
- Funding provided by the CIC
- Trac milestone
(403.7 KB) - added by kef
7 years ago.
Template for creating development specifications for Connexions and Rhaptos
federated rhaptos - specs (0.9).odt
(60.5 KB) - added by kef
6 years ago.
- wysiwyg-module-editor-spec-2010-08-13.odt (411.0 KB) - added by kef 6 years ago.
- i18n-l10n-technical-spec-overview.doc (0.5 MB) - added by kef 6 years ago.
(0.7 MB) - added by kef
6 years ago.
Specification Technical Detail